1st - Root or (Base)
Color: Red (deep red)
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Physical: Adrenal glands, Legs, Feet, Bones, Large Intestine, Teeth
Function: Affects our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
• Identity and aspects of self
• Grounding (sense of connection)
• Physical survival (basic needs such as food, sleep, shelter,
• Fight or flight response
• Security, safety (physically, emotionally, financially, etc.)
Blockage: May manifest as….
• Excessive negativity or cynicism
• Eating disorders
• Excessive feeling of insecurity, living on survival
• Pain or disease in any of the connected physical
organs or glands including weight problems, hemorrhoids,
sciatica, arthritis, knee troubles.
1. I am centered, grounded, and focused.
2. I feel at peace.
3. I am a divine being and I feel safe.
4. I am ENOUGH.
5. I am fully supported in all that I choose to do.
6. My friends and family keep me grounded and care for me deeply.
7. I have everything that I need for an abundant life.
• Yoga Postures
1. Knee to chest
2. Bridge Post
3. Half and Full Locust
4. Head to knee pose
8. Red mea