5th - Throat
Physical: Neck, shoulders, arms, hands, thyroid and parathyroid glands.
Function: Affects our ability to communicate.
• Communication and expression of feelings and truth (speaking out)
• Creativity, self-expression
• Senses of inner and outer hearing
• Synthesizing of ideas
• Healing, transformation and purification
• Communication, whether it’s verbal or non-verbal,
external or internal
• Connection with more subtle realms of spirit and
• Propensity to create, projecting ideas and blueprints
• Realizing your vocation, purpose
• Good sense of timing
Blockage: May manifest as….
• Creative blocks
• Problems in communicating ones needs to others
• Lack of control over one’s speech—speaking too much or inappropriately
• Not being able to listen to others
• Excessive fear of speaking
• Small, imperceptible voice
• Not being able to keep secrets or keep one’s word
• Telling lies
• Excessive secretiveness or shyness
• Lack of connection with a vocation or purpose in life
• Pain or disease in any of the connected physical organs or glands including sore throat, stiff neck, colds, thyroid problems, hearing problems.
1. I matter and what I say matters.
2. I am proud of my ability to connect with others.
3. I communicate authentically and clearly.
4. My voice is powerful and I use it to inspire the world.
5. I express myself in loving ways.
6. I am cool, calm, and confident.
7. I express myself creatively through speaking and writing.
8. I express gratitude each and every day.
• Yoga Postures
1. Neck rolls
2. Head lift
3. Shoulder stand